From: Bjorn Reese (breese_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-11-30 18:28:42

On 2019-11-30 18:15, Vinnie Falco via Boost wrote:

> Can someone please tell me how this Boost.Serialization integration of
> the JSON format handles the fact that keys in objects are unordered?

That is up to the user. The iarchive inserts the deserialized data into
the container that the user specifies. If the user deserializes the
input into a std::map then the data will become ordered. The user can
deserialize into another container if they wish to retain the unordered
nature of the data. That is how Boost.Serialization works.

The std::map serialization is done in this file:

https://github.com/breese/trial.protocol/blob/develop/include/trial/protocol/json/serialization/std/map.hpp

PS: I will be unable to respond in a timely to your other mail due to a
business trip.