From: Gavin Lambert (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-12-04 22:45:24

On 5/12/2019 11:32, Emil Dotchevskit wrote:
> - Operator+ should be provided. I'm not sure whether it should use
> capacity N+M or something else, but all technical questions
> notwithstanding, users ought to be able to concatenate strings easily, e.g.
> if I want to add a "ms" to a number I shouldn't be jumping through hoops.

Is there some reason why you consider operator+= insufficient for that
purpose?

Perhaps this needs to be stated more clearly in the docs, but the
impression I get is that the primary intended usage is something like:

     fixed_string<512> buffer; // some arbitrarily large N
     buffer += prefix;
     buffer += suffix;
     consume(buffer);