From: Janek Kozicki (janek.listy.mailowe_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-02-06 22:28:48

Mateusz Loskot via Boost said: (by the date of Wed, 5 Feb 2020 00:49:45 +0100)

> https://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2020/02/248147.php
> As a result of that consensus, I have just removed the FFT from
> suggestions of the GSoC projects.

FFT was added to that list due to feature requests to boost.math, see:
https://github.com/boostorg/math/issues/303

I agree that writing FFT which supports all multiprecision types is a
tremendous task. But if it's not in GSoC it has a really hard chance
of being completed, ever. So maybe the right approach is to split this
task into several smaller sub-tasks?

Maybe first make a GSoC project for 1D FFT which works with math and
all multiprecision and has speed comparable with libfftw when using
double type (and is correctly templatized and designed, etc ;)

Bjorn Reese via Boost said: (by the date of Wed, 5 Feb 2020 20:53:10 +0100)

> FYI, Boost.Math already uses FFTW for Chesbyshev polynomials.

and uses boost.math code to jump-start.

--
# Janek Kozicki                              http://janek.kozicki.pl/