From: degski (degski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-03-09 12:39:32

On Mon, 9 Mar 2020 at 06:30, Janson R. via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> ... a C API sprinkled with `void
> *opaque` all over the place does not play nicely with C++ code

What do you mean with 'does not play nicely', I feel they opposite, no
casts required, what's not to like? The most complicated (bar the struct
hack, which has been made 'optional' in C11) object in C is a compound of
builtin types or an array of them. The considerations we might have in C++
do not apply.

You cannot expect cross platform cross-compiler compatibility without a
cost, iff that would be possible, we would already have that in C++ and C
would remain a distant memory. Fact is, it's not a distant memory, and for
good reason.

degski

--
@systemdeg
"We value your privacy, click here!" Sod off! - degski