From: Domen Vrankar (domen.vrankar_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-03-09 21:05:56

On Mon, Mar 9, 2020 at 9:39 PM Vinnie Falco <vinnie.falco_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 9, 2020 at 1:26 PM Domen Vrankar <domen.vrankar_at_[hidden]>
> wrote:
> > For the capabilities of such API I'd expect it to work seamlessly with
> std streams
>
> Okay, can you propose some function signatures or class declarations?

Actually I've already written part of them :)

If I'd have written my wrapper once again the basis wold not change as that
API covered my use cases in the past quite well. I'd just:

- add support for archives that were added later by libarchive
- implement some sort of properties system of archive/compression type
capabilities as currently it relies on libarchive and doesn't care if
something is not supported by the underlying format
- add allocator support
- and perhaps add an additional no-exceptions API

Let libarchive handle the rest for starters and gather more feedback from
users - the part that I never cared to bother with except from those that
were working on the same project as me (there was one github request for
adding files to existing archives but that came in years after I last
actively used it so I never even bothered - different projects, no longer
need to bother with compression).

Regards,
Domen

Thanks