From: Phil Endecott (spam_from_boost_dev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-03-10 15:22:56

Janson R. wrote:
> All of this C++20 mindset made me wonder if a codec API could be almost
> as simple and elegant as making it into a range adaptor (requiring
> memory contiguity of course); what do you and possibly other readers
> think of that?

I suspect that for things like streaming compression and encryption
APIs, in a couple of years we'll all agree that the right way to
do them will be as co-routines.

(Personally, nearly all of my recent use of these things has been
for relatively small data; a simple non-streaming API i.e. take a
span<byte> and return a vector<byte> would be perfect.)

Regards, Phil.