From: Mike (mike.dev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-03-24 20:46:24

> Gesendet: Dienstag, 24. März 2020 um 19:32 Uhr
> Von: "Jeff Garland via Boost" <boost_at_[hidden]>
>
> On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 11:01 AM Mike via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]>
> wrote:
>

> > That aside, what is the harm in simply defining the supression macro when
> > compiling your tests with older compilers? I think the bigger question is:
> > Will date_time continue to support c++03 when (some) of the libraries
> > it currently depends on don't?
> >

> The suppression macro would need to go into the header

Not sure if that would be a good idea.

Even if you are sure that your headers will still compile in c++03 in a year
(either because they no longer include boost math headers at all - neither directly
nor indirectly - or the specific headers remain compatible with 03).
That macro will leak and suppress the warning along different include chainis,
where the authors might not make give any such guarantees.
Of course you could define and later restore the macro, but personally I think
such suppression macros really belong on the command line of whoever is
assembling the final binary.

Best

Mike