From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-03-30 20:43:50

On Mon, Mar 30, 2020 at 3:38 PM Raffi Enficiaud via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On 30.03.20 19:40, Rene Rivera via Boost wrote:
> > On Mon, Mar 30, 2020 at 12:37 PM John Maddock via Boost <
> > boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> >
> > 4. People should stop using bintray for CI test jobs.
>
> you mean this for instance?
>
> https://github.com/conan-community/conan-boost/blob/release/1.71.0/conanfile.py#L150
>
> or this?
>
> https://github.com/conan-io/conan-center-index/blob/master/recipes/boost/all/conandata.yml#L2-L22

No. Which is why I used the word "test" in my statement.

TBH, if a package manager is pointing to bintray, and if there is a
> limit on the download volume, something will fail (whether this is a CI
> job or a human being pulling the libs).

Yep.

Maybe it is time to reconsider this, for instance:
> https://help.github.com/en/github/administering-a-repository/about-releases
>
> In particular:
> "Each file included in a release must be under 2 GB. There is no limit
> on the total size of a release, nor bandwidth usage."

Someone would have to step up and write the automation scripts to deliver
the same functionality as bintray.

--
-- Rene Rivera
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything