From: Mike (mike.dev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-04-02 16:56:56

> Gesendet: Donnerstag, 02. April 2020 um 18:43 Uhr
> Von: "Jan Hafer via Boost" <boost_at_[hidden]>
> Thanks for the fast reply.
>

> >> Is this behavior expected or documented anywhere?
> >> What kind of speedup is to be expected against the std::queue
> >> implementation?
> >> If there is none, then what is the purpose of circular buffer?
> >>

> > You could read the relevant docs. I strongly doubt that this boost
> > container is slower than anything in the STL when compared like for like.
>
> True, could reproduce.
>

> > I do also have broken code on a multithreaded application that worked
> >> fine before. I do pass the circular buffer as reference via functions
> >> from file scope, which in combination with the threads (initially
> >> starting elsewhere) somehow broke the code.
> >>
> >> Do you do regular benchmarks against other implementations? I dont see
> >> linked graphs on your homepage.
>
> I would like to see the benchmark results against std-implementations
> linked on the main page.
> If possible, also as simple comparison per thread count.

Could you give a full example /repro of what exactly you are measuring?
Saying "container X is faster than Y" is not very helpful without showing what
operations you are measuring and what the workload is.

You e.g. could create a small github repository, or a gist,
or put the your benchmark here: http://quick-bench.com/

Best

Mike