From: Bjorn Reese (breese_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-05-30 14:42:15

On 2020-05-22 21:30, Emil Dotchevski via Boost wrote:

>> - Does LEAF incur any memory or runtime performance overhead in the
>> non-error case? If so what is the impact of this when compared to the
>> itanium zero-cost exception handling ABI?
>>

> Generally, no.

Can you elaborate on this with regards to runtime performance?

In the successful case, the runtime overhead of C++ try-catch blocks is
a jump over the catch block.

With leaf::try_catch() generates more code. Inside the TryBlock we can
see a couple of leaf functions on the call stack between the calling
functions and the TryBlock.