From: Emil Dotchevski (emildotchevski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-06-26 22:21:32

On Fri, Jun 26, 2020 at 11:03 AM Vinnie Falco via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 26, 2020 at 10:43 AM Zach Laine via Boost
> <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> > I want to standardize something like the interfaces there for C++23
>
> Why are you targeting a particular release date? Is your development
> strategy going to be different because you want to "get something in
> to C++23" versus "I want to standardize something after it has
> achieved sufficient field experience and maturity?"

I was going to ask the same question. Nothing should be standardized that
isn't already the defacto standard. It isn't likely that between what's
left of 2020 and 2023 this library or any other will become the defacto
standard. I know this fails on deaf ears but it needs to be said.