From: Richard Hodges (hodges.r_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-07-02 15:21:21

Dear all,

As you know, Boost.Beast has a strong dependency on Boost.Asio.

At the present time, Chris is working to finalise some significant changes
to Asio. These changes have required some refactoring of Boost.Beast at
short notice in order to continue to provide a functioning library.

Boost.Asio has two significant customisation macros:
BOOST_ASIO_NO_DEPRECATED and BOOST_ASIO_NO_TS_EXECTORS.

The 1.74 release of Asio deprecates some classes and interfaces relevant to
net.ts-style executors.

In addition, it introduces execution-style executors.

*There is no combination of the above flags (save for none of them) that
will allow an unmodified dependent library or program to compile as of
boost.asio 1.74.*

As of this moment, Beast is correctly compiling all examples and passing
all tests with the exception of tests relevant to c++20 coroutines, where
the latest Asio commit on develop branch has one (it would appear)
remaining bug.

Chris has been contacted and we are awaiting a fix.

Once I have this, I will be in a position to rebase Beast PR1999 onto
develop/master in readiness for the 1.74.

Thank you for bearing with me during my time as an unwilling hostage to
fortune.

--
Richard Hodges
hodges.r_at_[hidden]