From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-07-03 10:24:54

On 2020-07-03 12:25, Paul A Bristow via Boost wrote:

> [...]

Vinnie's case was "because of WG21 politics". This is not a valid reason
to compromise Boost quality, I totally agree with Ville on this. I find
it somewhat disturbing that maintainers of a popular Boost library find
that acceptable. Boost users experience should have a priority over WG21.

Richard, however, presented a different case, that is:

- Only a single test case is broken in a single configuration.
- The test uses modern C++ features, which are expected to be rather
unstable at this point.
- There is a high chance that Chris will fix the problem before the release.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, in the previous Boost release Boost.Beast had
a problem in the same area, so basically Boost.Beast is not worse than
the previous release. This is a more compelling case. I'd like to ask
Richard to let us know if and when this problem gets resolved.