From: ÒÝÁØ Ñî (yyl_20050115_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-08-03 13:01:36

Last post was sent directly to Rob, I forgot to cc list.bost.org.

Thinking of the multiple calling of the detors, which is suggested by Rob and other members, I came up with some ideas.

This IS about specification.

If class A has a dispose method like

class A
{
  A(){}
  ~A(){}
  //Dispose method:
  !A(){}
};

Where !A() can be called multiple times and ~A() can be called only one time.
Everything rcgc_ptr delegates will be called its dispose in !A() and therefore multiple times
to just decrease the reference count and finally call ~A() when real delete happens.
And this can be done on the compiler level (!A() maybe not visible at all or just visible when you use like ~A()).

Saying this algorithm is a part of the C++ language itself, then C++ has no need to manually manage
pointers (at least the unwanted management).

Idea is inspired by all of you especially Andrey Janson and Rob.
Thank you all!

Best Regards,
Yilin