From: Ville Voutilainen (ville.voutilainen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-08-24 19:47:05

On Mon, 24 Aug 2020 at 22:40, Zach Laine via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> > It doesn't matter how likely it is. This isn't just about us, but also
> > about our users.
> >
> > One other option would be to ask Unicode Inc. for a permission to use
> > Unicode data in binary form without the requirement to present the license.
>
> Why is this suddenly a problem if Boost.Spirit has been doing it for years?

IANAL and all that, but I don't think that argument works very well.
In the case of a hypothetical
copyright violation, I have never heard anything suggesting that the
length of a period of violation
somehow renders the copyright moot, nor is there any suggestion that
not coming after a violation
does so either.