From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-09-08 19:18:22

On 2020-09-08 21:35, Vinnie Falco via Boost wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 8, 2020 at 8:02 AM Peter Dimov via Boost
> <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> I turned this into a mini-library, https://github.com/pdimov/lambda2, and
>> I'd like to submit that to Boost.
>
> I'll take the reputational hit and ask the stupid questions. Why don't
> we just slip this into Boost.Core or Boost.Utility and call it a day?
> I mean, it is 52 lines...

Boost.Core is a library of components generally useful in other Boost
libraries (and possibly Boost users). I don't think this new library
will be widely used in Boost libraries.

Boost.Utility is more user-oriented, but it has more dependencies than
Boost.Lambda2. So if a user wants Lambda2, he will be encumbered with
additional dependencies.

Personally, I'd prefer to minimize Boost.Core and Boost.Utility and opt
for separate libraries, where reasonable. We already have Boost.Lambda
and Boost.Phoenix, so having Boost.Lambda2 as a separate library follows
the trend.