From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-09-14 22:52:33

In lieu with Boost's decision regarding dropping support for C++03
compilation, I would like to drop support in the preprocessor library
for preprocessors which do not implement variadic macros. Variadic
macros were added in the C++11 standard, although a number of compilers
supported them even before the official C++ standard. I will of course
keep the same macro APIs, although deprecating non-variadic macro forms
when alternate variadic macro forms exist. This will simplify Boost PP.
Ideally, once Boost PP supports only preprocessors which implement
variadic macros, Boost VMD can be added to Boost PP, for anyone who
wants to use its functionality, and Boost VMD can then be retired.