From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-09-30 11:57:29

Andrzej Krzemienski wrote:

> My ideal solution would be if these two libraries (PFR and Describe) would
> be merged into one, so that:
> 1. They provide the same interface
> 2. A user can easily instruct the library: "this is an aggregate: figure
> out the mapping yourself".

The two libraries don't really overlap, even though they enable the same
functionality. Describe gives you member names (and other things such as
member functions, inherited members and base classes), but it requires
explicit registration; PFR only gives you references to the data members,
but works without registration. There's no reasonable way for the two to be
merged.