From: Benedek Thaler (thalerbenedek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-10-08 17:05:33

On Thu, Oct 8, 2020 at 5:36 PM Mateusz Loskot <mateusz_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On Thu, 8 Oct 2020 at 12:51, Benedek Thaler via Boost
> <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> >

> > PFR is ACCEPTed into Boost, with the following results:
> >
> > ACCEPT: 5 votes
> > CONDITIONAL ACCEPT: 1 vote
> > REJECT: 0 votes
> >
> > After all these changes have been implemented, Antony would really
> > like to have a mini-review, regardless that the library is already
> > ACCEPTed, further confirming his high standards.
>
> Typically, mini-review is offered after a review
> concludes with a "conditionally accepted" result.
> Mini-review is to determine if the conditions have been met,
> but that is not the case here.
>
> I'm not experienced with mini-review, yet,
> so I'd like to clarify the situation and the steps to follow:
>
> 1. PFR is accepted
> 2. Antony wants to postpone inclusion of PFR in Boost
> 3. Antony is going to request mini-review
> 4. Benedek will act as the manager of the mini-review
> 5. If the reviewers confirm the changes have been implemented,
> the library will be included in Boost.
> Otherwise, Antony continues until planned changes are applied,
> then we run another mini-review
>
> Antony, is that what you aim for?
>
> Why not just include the PFR in Boost now,
> then continue applying the changes you have planned,
> then merge to master in order to release
> If necessary, I think, you can request a mini-review to ask
> reviewers if the PFR is ready for release.
>
> Best regards,
> --

Perhaps my use of the term "mini-review" was confusing.
PFR is ACCEPTed, therefore the formal process was concluded.
After a library is accepted, it typically takes time to adjust the
library to the boost infrastructure,
and to address comments (without addressing the comments, there's no
point requiring detailed reviews).
Antony is transparent regarding the planned changes,
and would like to hear the opinion of those who were interested,
after those changes have been made - in the form of a non-mini-review.
(it is not part of the formal process, so there's no formal name of this event)

Benedek