From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-11-06 15:26:18

On 11/2/2020 6:20 PM, Peter Dimov via Boost wrote:
> Edward Diener wrote:
>> Peter, would you please merge 'develop' to 'master' for 'foreach' if
>> Eric is not going to do it.
>
> Eric has done it.
>
>> Also if you could cherry pick my change to numeric/conversion (
>> 1d856f673fc4ac8c5a599fadf8b865b2744ac2a1 ) and merge it to 'master' it
>> would also be appreciated.
>
> I merged all of the develop changes to master after testing them locally.
>
>> As far as 'random' is concerned I assume that eventually someone will
>> deal with the 'develop' changes in the future so that they get into
>> the 'master' branch and my change will be picked up then.
>
> For Random, you should ask Steven Watanabe to take a look, reminding him
> that the deadline for merging to master is Wednesday.

There has been no effort to merge the 'develop' branch of 'random' into
'master' and now the deadline for doing so has passed, at least for the
beta release. Can anyone look into doing this and maintaining the
'random' library, at least for the future ? It is disappointing to me
that my simple fix which would allow the Embarcadero C++ clang-based
compiler to use Boost random will not get in the upcoming release,
because it is the only Boost library of which I know for which my fixes
to allow the Embarcadero C++ clang-based compilers to work properly has
not been applied for the 1.75 release.