From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-11-20 15:31:57

On 11/15/20 10:05 PM, Marshall Clow via Boost wrote:
> The master branch is is now open for post-beta merges, but only as
> described in the Post-Beta Merge Policy.
>
> See <https://github.com/boostorg/wiki/wiki/Releases%3A-Beta-Merge-Policy>
>
> Reminder: The master branch closes for the release on December 2nd.
> Full calendar here: https://www.boost.org/development/

I would like to merge these commits to Boost.Atomic master:

https://github.com/boostorg/atomic/commit/e873eb15969d610aa894df6581786ef6a6365b93

Minor optimization of AArch32 assembler blocks, no functional change.

https://github.com/boostorg/atomic/commit/0835f7cdf4a80136cdca1aafac42fd175274bb74

Fix for a compilation error on AArch64 targets due to invalid
instructions generated for some logical operations on atomics.

https://github.com/boostorg/atomic/commit/ea5911a413a698f5b7a2db24a705bcc358611d0e

Add tests for the above.

The commits are for this recently reported bug:

https://github.com/boostorg/atomic/issues/41

I have tested these changes on a local AArch64 QEMU VM (for both AARch32
and AArch64 targets) and locally for x86 (which is unaffected by these
changes anyway). AppVeyor CI has passed. Travis CI job is hanging
scheduled for more than one day, and it doesn't look like it'll start
any time soon.