From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-12-12 02:52:32

On 12/5/2020 8:59 AM, Glen Fernandes via Boost wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 5, 2020 at 8:33 AM Andrey Semashev wrote:
>>
>> On December 5, 2020 2:11:16 AM Edward Diener via Boost
>> <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>>
>>> 3) The Boost.Build tool link goes to a "File not found" page. It has
>>> been this way forever. Can we not fix this so that the link goes to the
>>> online page at https://boostorg.github.io/build/ ?
>>
>> As long as we package docs for offline reading, the link should point to
>> the packaged Boost.Build docs.
>
> Yes, it should.
> https://github.com/boostorg/boost/commit/45cf0c146e0b57a1984452bfdff84245547343e5
>
> I'll see if we can still get it into this release.

This was never fixed in the 1.75 release. Also the documentation page (
index.html ) says at the top "Release 1.74.0" and not "Release 1.75.0",
which was one of the other issues I originally reported.

I do not mean this as a criticism, since I know how hard the release
managers have worked to get this release out. But can we perhaps get the
Boost Build link to actually point to the Boost.Build documentation when
we release Boost, since this "bug" when creating the release
documentation has existed more or less forever ?