From: John Maddock (jz.maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-01-04 09:38:16

>> Boost.Math has a documented minimum requirement of C++11 (but many library functions, distributions etc still work with C++03, and some new library items require C++17, and some are likely to require C++20 very soon).
>>
>> I'm sorry that this doesn't fit neatly into your schema ☹
>>
>> Paul
> I am curious, which parts of Boost.Math have a minimum requirement of C++17 or later? I could not tell from a quick glance at the github page or the docs... Can a math library consisting mostly of functions and algorithms not be written in a way to have a minimum requirement of C++11 and optionally support later standards?

Sometimes it gets difficult, so we do permit later than C++11
requirements for new submissions if there's a compelling reason.

And yes, we should add some larger notes to the docs, but C++17
components include:

Lanczos smoothing:
https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_75_0/libs/math/doc/html/math_toolkit/diff0.html

Empiracal cumulative distribution function:
https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_75_0/libs/math/doc/html/math_toolkit/dist_ref/dists/empirical_cdf.html

Daubechies wavelets:
https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_75_0/libs/math/doc/html/math_toolkit/daubechies_filters.html

Signal statistics: