From: René Ferdinand Rivera Morell (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-01-06 20:10:20

On Wed, Jan 6, 2021 at 2:02 PM Edward Diener via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> If an end-user does not see a "C++ standard minimum level" for a library
> in the documentation what should he/she assume ?

They should *not* assume any particular level. And perhaps ask the author
to indicate what the support is by filling GitHub issues.

> I would like to argue
> that it would be beneficial for end-users to see the C++ standard
> minimum level for all libraries, even for those which work at the
> C++98/03 level on up. I do not understand the purpose of a library which
> does not wish to peg itself at a particular minimum C++ level.

At least one library supports *any* C++ level. Even those before C++98.
Please don't put a one dimensional straightjacket on this. What should such
libraries do?

PS. That one library happens to be my library, Predef.

--
-- René Ferdinand Rivera Morell
-- Don't Assume Anything  -- No Supone Nada