From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-02-06 21:45:19

On 1/22/2021 8:06 AM, Alexander Grund via Boost wrote:

>> I have slogged through the task of creating PRs for all Boost
>> libraries, even the very many C++03 minimum standard libraries, so
>> that each library would have a 'cxxstd' value in their JSON meta
>> information. It is up to the various library maintainers if they want
>> to accept the PR or not, and a great many of them already have.
>> Hopefully the final result will be that all Boost libraries will show
>> a ‘C++ Standard Minimum Level’ in the documentation page. For those
>> libraries that do not want to show such information, and ignore my PR
>> for that library, end-users can ask the library maintainer(s) directly
>> what the C++ Standard Minimum Level" is through the libraries Github
>> page.
> Thanks a lot for your efforts and I'm certain this is the best approach.
>> I do recall seeing somewhere in the Boost website an explanation of
>> the meaning of the various fields shown for each library's
>> documentation, but I can not recall where this is anymore.
> See https://www.boost.org/development/library_metadata.html

I have created a PR for the above HTML page, adding in an explanation
for the 'cxxstd' field.

So far my PR for the 'cxxstd' metadata field has seen 93 Boost libraries
adding the 'cxxstd' field to their metadata, but 38 libraries have yet
to do so. Hopefully those other 38 libraries which merge my PR so that
the end-user can clearly see what the C++ minimum compilation level is
for each Boost library.