From: Gregor Jasny (gjasny_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-03-12 19:45:38

Hello,

On 11.03.21 16:58, Marshall Clow via Boost wrote:
> As always, the release managers would appreciate it if you download the
> candidate of your choice and give building it a try. Please report both
> success and failure, and anything else that is noteworthy.

I found three issues:

1) Boost interprocess does not compile on macOS. Fixed on develop with

https://github.com/boostorg/interprocess/commit/dc115156203ae2d3576326bf4ab2c6c6eb99235c
https://github.com/boostorg/interprocess/commit/3a856a0343f5432cc72d4a08ad7edba09249806c

are those automatically part of the next beta release?

2) Boost ASIO unconditionally includes regex v4 headers which conflics
with v5

Reported here:
https://github.com/chriskohlhoff/asio/issues/797

3) Boost math has enabled PCH which broke my iOS build. There I use
cxxflags="-arch armv7 -arch arm64" which clang does not like:

> clang: error: cannot use 'precompiled-header' output with multiple -arch options

I worked around with pch=off but I'm wonder what the proper build2 way
of building universal libraries is?

Thanks,
Gregor