From: Richard Hodges (hodges.r_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-03-15 19:01:54

On Mon, 15 Mar 2021 at 19:54, Robert Ramey via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On 3/15/21 9:48 AM, Richard Hodges via Boost wrote:
> > Boost Describe Review Summary
>

> Exercise for the reader:Contrast the Boost procedures for achieving
> approval with that of the C++ committee. What does this teach us - if
> anything?

Thank you Robert. I have taken your clarification to heart. It will no
doubt be useful in the upcoming review of Boost.MySQL, which is likely
to be _a lot more controversial_.

I do understand that not all votes have equal weight. I was careful to
judge the reasoning behind the stated conditions, and took note of the
back-and-forth on the list during the ten days.

I fully agree with regard to the committee. It has been nothing but a
cause of frustration and anger for the community of developers who
actually use C++ to get work done. I have the strong impression that
very few on the committee ever produce anything of strategic value for
their employers.