From: Kowndinya Renduchintala (rharisrikowndinya333_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-03-17 16:12:37

   Hi Community!

   I am Kowndinya Renduchintala, a Second Year Undergraduate majoring in
   Computer Science and Engineering at Indian Institute of Technology
   Bombay. I am completely new to Open Source Software Development. Having
   worked on C++ extensively for the last two years of my Undergraduate
   studies, I consider myself a proficient C++ programmer. I also had a
   great amount of exposure in Math, specifically in Linear Algebra and
   Calculus. This led me to do more work related to them and I started
   working in the field Data Science where I have largely used Python’s
   numpy and pandas libraries, also MATLAB in some cases.

   I am very much interested in developing equivalent capabilities of
   above mentioned libraries in C++ too! I have gone through the Project
   Description on the GSoC’21 Ideas Page, and I am highly delighted to see
   that “Project:3 Finalize Dataframe Implementation” (in Matrix and
   Tensor Computation category), matches my interests to a very large
   extent. I am also ready to spend 40-50 hours per week for the
   completion of the project, thereby helping in productionizing the code
   by the end of the GSoC’21.

   But I have some questions left out in my mind after reading the
   â€œProject Description” and the “Competency Test” following it.

   The description says- “add a collection of free form functions, modern
   data analysis procedures (as found in R tidyverse, in Python
   pandas/numpy, and in many other packages)”.
    1. Do the mentor(s) have some preconceived “list” of the sort of
       functions to be implemented, or am I expected to include the
       details of “my” ideas in the project proposal that I submit to
       Google starting from Mar29 to Apr13?
    2. Is the Competency Test(providing matrix and vector C++17
       implementation similar to MATLAB syntax) meant for giving us a
       taste for how the work in actual project is going to look like? If
       it is the case, then I am highly interested to work on such things/
       similar things for that matter.

   I request David Bellot(The Potential Mentor as per the Wiki page) or
   any one else who is involved with the above project to please guide me
   further. After clarifying above two questions, I can straight away get
   into business and start the work, try to make a list of deliverables
   and probably ask more “technical” questions that I have in the code
   base, in my next mail.

   Looking forward to collaborate with Boost.uBlas and successfully
   complete my first Open Source Software Development project at GSoC’21
   in my most favourite programming language!!!

   Regards

   Kowndinya Renduchintala

   rharisrikowndinya333_at_[hidden]

   Sent from [1]Mail for Windows 10