From: pbristow_at_[hidden]
Date: 2021-03-19 17:19:42

I've been considering adding commit hash info to some documentation made using the
Quickbook/Boostbook/Docbook/b2/bjam toolchain

Using git command line git log or ls-remote I can show the necessary hex digit string:

commit 5609fa86e37e1b0eae6466065ba6c8eb3ac0ab2f (HEAD -> refactor1)

(It would be useful to have the local commit (rather than remote) so that the generated
documentation including this has can be pushed up to remote).

Paul_at_hetpD MINGW64 /i/boost/libs/quan/doc (refactor1)
$ git log -n1 HEAD > commit.txt

That contains

commit 5609fa86e37e1b0eae6466065ba6c8eb3ac0ab2f
Author: pabristow <pbristow_at_[hidden]>
Date: Fri Mar 19 15:46:45 2021 +0000

    Generated super new version.

So this gets this info into a file, but I have yet to see how to get this into the Quickbook or ?
during the b2 build.

I note that the Boost documentation headers provide this information in the form a link like
displayed as d57d645009 with contents

https://github.com/boostorg/boost/commit/d57d6450098300343c6fe3a221297915244477d0

but I don't know how this works.

Has anyone done anything like this?