From: Dominique Devienne (ddevienne_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-04-01 08:43:17

On Thu, Apr 1, 2021 at 10:30 AM Dominique Devienne <ddevienne_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 31, 2021 at 10:11 PM Stefan Seefeld via Boost <
> boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> consider not to re-implement a full XML library
>

> So a non-wrapper Boost.JSON like Boost.XML would be very interesting.
> Perhaps even like Boost.JSON, and controversially, foregoing SAX and only
> do DOM.

One thing I forgot to mention, is that an explicit goal of any Boost.XML
API, wrapper or not,
should be to replicate Peter's Boost.Describe "data-binding" examples to
convert JSON "values"
to described C++ structures, but in the XML space. Can your attempt at an
XML API do that Stefan?
That would be a very compelling Boost.XML IMHO. Even w/o any SAX support.
--DD

[1] https://github.com/pdimov/describe/blob/develop/example/to_json.cpp
[2] https://github.com/pdimov/describe/blob/develop/example/from_json.cpp