From: Jeff Garland (azswdude_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-04-30 22:55:00

C++Now 2021 is next week. For those that have never been, every year we
have a workshop session called Library in a Week. While the goal of the
session might be obvious from the title, needless to say, final Boost
libraries don't happen in a week. So, actually, the real underlying goal
is to build boost community and discuss c++ library design with projects
that don't conflict with attendees day jobs.

Every year at the end of the session, I solicit ideas from the community
about what 'library' we should work on in the following year. One
consistent suggestion has been to work on boost community maintenance.
With the conference all virtual this year, I think this is the year to do
it. The goal will be to generate pull requests from new or even old boost
participants to improve our code base.

While I'm sure we could wander around the various libraries and find issues
that need some work to generate pull requests, I'm posting this looking for
suggestions from the bigger community. Note that this doesn't need to be
exclusive to new code -- it can be documentation or tests. Are there
particular libraries we should look at? Are there particular issues that
someone would like a hand tackling? Are there some upgrades to newer c++
features that someone could jump in on?

Thanks,

Jeff