From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-05-06 17:02:28

On Thu, 6 May 2021 at 17:25, René Ferdinand Rivera Morell via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> It's now been at least a year since Boost switched from the Software
> Freedom Conservancy to the Boost Foundation for its governance
> organization. But have people noticed any difference? Did you know that
> switch happened? Did you know that they held an election for the Board of
> Directors and for the Officers? Do you know when that election happened? Do
> you know who got elected? Do you know how they were selected? Do you know
> what their responsibilities are? Do you know what their bylaws are? Do you
> know their financials?
>
> More importantly: Did you answer "no" to any of those questions?

Yes.

> This is a problem.

I agree.

> We should have input into how that organization governs.

I agree.

Disclaimer: I'm not a library author, just maintainer and
(trouble)shooter here and there.

> In other words, we deserve open and transparent governance;
> not the closed and opaque status quo.

I'm very much appreciate the way it's done at OSGeo Foundation where
projects are typically governed by a Project Steering Committee (PSC).
The PSC should operate openly and with a consensus based approach
where any critical decision goes via proposal (RFC), discussion and
voting by PSC members. e.g. https://gdal.org/development/rfc/index.html

I have very vague idea of how it works in Boost.

Best regards,