From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-05-18 14:58:18

On Thu, May 6, 2021 at 9:25 AM René Ferdinand Rivera Morell via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> As a library author, I can say I definitely answered no to many of those
> questions. This is a problem.

There is a logical fallacy here. There is no "problem" with not
knowing those answers, because authors are largely unaffected by the
activities of the SC. This is probably the reason for the ignorance -
why learn how and what the organization does if it doesn't change how
the authors work?

> As authors, without asking, we should know
> those answers from the organization that governs our work.

Another fallacy. The SC does not "govern our work" in any practical
sense. It certainly hasn't influenced any of my library work. So why
should I care about how decisions are made?

Thanks