From: Tom Kent (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-05-26 01:52:59

Since sometime yesterday, all the gcc/clang develop runners I maintain (not
sure about Visual Studio, that machine has been down for updates) have been
failing, before the tests suite can even start running. Master still looks
good.

They end with the following:
   - bzip2 : yes [30]
   - lzma : yes [30]
   - zstd : no [30]
   - lzma : yes (cached) [30]
   - has_lzma_cputhreads builds : no [2]
   - auto_ptr : yes [3]
error: Unable to find file or target named
error: '/python//numpy'
error: referred to from project at
error: '../libs/python/build'

I believe this is because of the python (
https://github.com/boostorg/python/pull/362) and build (
https://github.com/boostorg/build/pull/726) pull requests that were merged
in around that time. The question is, why is this causing an issue....I
have some vague memory of the regression test suite always using build from
master? Am I remembering this correctly? If so, I think we may need to back
out the python change until build's develop branch merges to master?

I'm seeing this across multiple docker images, one that has been rather
stable is this:
https://hub.docker.com/layers/teeks99/boost-cpp-docker/clang-11/images/sha256-d31be111d4696aafb4b54f0d7965f075dc2b4135bb4fb9fe273c37e437659517?context=repo
running with this user-config.jam:
https://github.com/teeks99/boost-cpp-docker/blob/master/clang-11/user-config.jam
and numpy installed for both python 2 and 3.

Thoughts?

Tom