From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-11-02 19:32:37

> Niall Douglas wrote:
>
>> All Boost has to do to be a good actor is prefix its INTERFACE
 libraries...

> There's no such thing. Neither FindBoost nor the b2-generated CMake
> config files define any INTERFACE libraries. (Except the catch-all
> Boost::boost/Boost::headers.)
>
> You didn't read the important note, did you? I knew I should have
> used all caps.

No I read it. The correct solution here is that b2 doesn't misrepresent
header only libraries to cmake as not being INTERFACE libraries.

Fix that, and your semantic problems here go away. Also, cmake when it
knows a library is INTERFACE will error out in lots more circumstances,
and "do the right thing" in others. It's a good investment.

Niall