From: Alain O' Miniussi (alain.miniussi_at_[hidden])
Date: 2022-02-09 14:04:27

Hi,

I finally got some time time to work on a Boost library and I am, as usual, fighting with bjam.
===
14:58:08 [alainm_at_pollux boost]# ./bootstrap.sh --with-toolset=intel-linux
Building B2 engine..
icpx (ICX) 2021.1 Beta 20200304 # why not icpc ?
> icpx -x c++ -std=c++11 -O3 -s -static -DNDEBUG .... -o b2
ld: cannot find -lstdc++
ld: cannot find -lstdc++
===

The problem here is the -static option, as libstdc++ is not available as an archive on linux (not on the ones I use).

I submitted a fix, with no effect: https://github.com/bfgroup/b2/pull/133/files

Also apparently some good soul (thank you!) started working on a CMake alternative that just work (checked twice).
Its only issue is that the tests don't seems to have moved to CMake.
So my question is:
 1) Am I better off trying to port the testing of Boost.MPI to CMake and just forget about bjam or,
 2) Try to invoke some demonic entity to get bjam working with intel-linux.

What is the recommended build method recommended for libraries developers at this point ?

Best regards

----
Alain Miniussi
DSI, Pôles Calcul et Genie Log.