From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2022-04-19 08:24:58

On Sun, 17 Apr 2022 at 00:29, Andrey Semashev via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On 4/17/22 01:18, Peter Dimov via Boost wrote:
> > Andrey Semashev wrote:
> >> We probably won't agree on a single common format of such release notes
> >> document, so while I think the idea is good in theory, I don't see how it can be
> >> implemented in practice.
> >
> > Well, we already agree on a common format (.qbk), so we can just keep using it.
>
> Yes, QuickBook would be the obvious candidate

To me, personally, an obvious format for release notes and
other auxiliary content is
- markup-less as possible
- highly human-friendly
- directly renderable by GitHub
That is, Markdown or AsciiDoc, and QuickBook is not.

QuickBook is still a great alternative to DocBook,
but since arrival of capable generators and renderers
for simpler formats we no longer need such heavy-weight
processors. QuickBook is no longer compelling format.

Best regards,