From: Glen Fernandes (glen.fernandes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2022-05-06 11:24:53

On Fri, May 6, 2022 at 4:42 AM Peter Dimov wrote:

> > John Maddock wrote:
> > > Personally, there's little in C++14 that makes that move attractive
> > > for me. C++17 yes (for if constexpr). There may be a few libraries
> > > which could use the enhanced constexpr support in C++14, but otherwise
> > > I'm not sure how much practical difference this makes.
> >
> > Apart from usable constexpr, polymorphic lambdas are the other big thing.
>
> Oh, deduced return types, too.

Deduced return types and C++14 relaxed constexpr are of more
importance to me than C++17 if-constexpr.

To reach more users, 14 seems more appealing than 17. Although by now
the big distributions ship with at least GCC8 which supports most of
the C++17 core language but formally still only experimental support
for the C++17 library...

Glen