From: Klemens Morgenstern (klemens.morgenstern_at_[hidden])
Date: 2022-05-14 08:44:05

On Fri, 2022-05-13 at 18:20 +0000, David Bien via Boost wrote:
> Exactly. But then it should just be called cstring_wrapper – calling
> it cstring_view seems to impart qualities to it that it doesn’t have
> – like I would assume that I could get a cstring_view that is a
> subview of an existing cstring_view for instance.

That's a fair point, I was thinking about naming it cstring_ref
originally. The Paper reference by Peter made me reconsider.

With cstring_ref, someone else could write a cstring_view that also
contains the size.

Do however note that you can get that subview if the result is still a
cstring. Thus obly moving the start of the cstring works.