From: John Maddock (jz.maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2022-08-09 07:59:50

On 08/08/2022 17:39, Vinnie Falco via Boost wrote:
> This was one piece of feedback posted during the Boost.JSON review of
> September 2020:
>
>> For the record, I've had offlist email discussions about proposed
>> Boost.JSON with a number of people where the general feeling was that
>> there was no point in submitting a review, as negative review feedback
>> would be ignored, possibly with personal retribution thereafter, and the
>> library was always going to be accepted in any case. So basically it
>> would be wasted effort, and they haven't bothered.

I'm concerned that folks feel that way: Boost has always had a robust
and frankly sometimes bruising review process, but IMO we have ended up
with better libraries as a result.  So I hope everyone will feel free to
submit reviews as they feel fit.

> I realize of course that this will invite contradictory replies ("all
> you need to do is...") but as my conclusion was achieved only after
> months of experimentation culminating in the production of a complete,
> working prototype, I would just say: show a working prototype then
> let's talk.

We are at heart empiricists.  Working code always triumphs!

Best, John.