From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2023-01-19 17:40:22

On Thu, Jan 19, 2023 at 9:32 AM Ruben Perez via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> 7. There is no sync counterpart to async_receive, async_exec and async_run, which is unusual in Asio-based libraries - is that intentional?

Speaking for myself, I am done with synchronous Asio. It offers no
control over timeouts, no cancellation, and no possibility to
implement full duplex algorithms which are common outside of HTTP/1.
Synchronous sockets just don't provide enough utility to justify the
cost (extra implementation, documentation, examples, tests, and
maintenance).

Thanks