From: Boris Kolpackov (boris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2023-02-06 15:54:08

Peter Dimov via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Yes, a compiler may support the constexpr keyword, but have problems with
> complex uses. This is not a good criterion for banning it Boost-wide, because
> "complex uses" vary. One library may not be able to support it, another might.
>
> If you insist on not considering msvc-14.0 a C++11 compiler for your libraries,
> that's your right (and problem.) It has nothing to do with whether it's
> considered a supported C++11 compiler for the purposes of the announcement.

I don't see how this is helpful to the users of Boost, especially
considering the heavy dependencies between individual libraries. As
a user I want to know if the set of libraries that I would like to
use (plus their transitive dependencies) are compatible with my
compiler/version.

> (MSVC 14.3 is VS2022, not VS2015.)

Yes, you are right, of course.