From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2023-02-17 20:13:48

On 2/17/23 22:35, Vinnie Falco via Boost wrote:
> We need to re-render all of this historical release notes, such as:
>
> <https://www.boost.org/users/history/version_1_81_0.html>
>
> to be in the style of the new website. This is being taken care of,
> but it will affect the release process as follows:
>
> * Each author will edit the release notes for their library using
> markdown instead of Quickbook format, as a pull request against a file
> here:
>
> <https://github.com/boostorg/website/tree/master/feed/history>
>
> The syntax will be GitHub flavored markdown, with a few Boost-specific
> extensions (for example, to link against an issue in a boostorg repo).
>
> Does anyone object or have comments about this?

Please no. Markdown is a very limited and poorly documented format.

Also, I oppose to having preference to GitHub or any other particular
service provider in basic Boost facilities, such as documentation
format. Boost should be easy to move between service providers. In
particular, it should not require one to convert documentation to a
different format.