From: René Ferdinand Rivera Morell (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2023-03-08 20:25:21

On Wed, Mar 8, 2023 at 2:18 PM Marshall Clow via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On Mar 8, 2023, at 12:07 PM, Glen Fernandes via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> >
> > We have (very) few cases where within a repository we have more than one
> > library inside a repository. One example is boostorg/functional whose
> > meta/libraries.json has:
> >
> > - functional
> > - functional/factory
> > - functional/forward
> > - functional/overloaded_function
> >
> > See: https://github.com/boostorg/functional/blob/master/meta/libraries.json
> >
> > What do we think about having separate repositories for the last three
> > above? e.g. The second one would be boostorg/functional_factory
> >
> > Some might be better collapsed into the first library (i.e. become part of
> > just "functional").
> >
> > We haven't been allowing this for newer libraries, but it would be nice to
> > remove it from these few existing cases too.
> >
> > Ultimately meta/libraries.json in each library repository would have just
> > one library entry.
>
> Boost/numeric is another such library
>
> % ls $BOOST/libs/numeric
> conversion index.html odeint ublas
> doc interval sublibs
>
> % find . -name sublibs
> ./spirit/sublibs
> ./chrono/sublibs
> ./gil/sublibs
> ./algorithm/sublibs
> ./numeric/sublibs
> ./geometry/sublibs
> ./functional/sublibs
> ./utility/sublibs

AFAIK, except for numerics, all those sublibs are only there to
appease the result matrix to show tests in subpaths.

For numerics.. The work I'm doing to get modular arrangement will
require that we have a flat structure in libs anyway :-)

--
-- René Ferdinand Rivera Morell
-- Don't Assume Anything  -- No Supone Nada