From: Mateusz Loskot (mateusz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2023-03-09 16:36:23

On Wed, 8 Mar 2023 at 21:18, Marshall Clow via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On Mar 8, 2023, at 12:07 PM, Glen Fernandes via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> >
> > We haven't been allowing this for newer libraries, but it would be nice to
> > remove it from these few existing cases too.
> >
> > Ultimately meta/libraries.json in each library repository would have just
> > one library entry.
>
> Boost/numeric is another such library
>
> % ls $BOOST/libs/numeric
> conversion index.html odeint ublas
> doc interval sublibs
>
> % find . -name sublibs
> ./spirit/sublibs
> ./chrono/sublibs
> ./gil/sublibs

TBH, I'm not clear what the existence of the sublibs file
means for GIL. The sublibs content says:
   "sub-directories which are libraries"
No idea what would those be in GIL. Extensions?

The history of gil/sublibs [1] says:

  "sublibs file telling regression tools that subdirs contain library tests"

what confuses me even more as suddenly sublibs mean two things:
- directories which are libraries
- directories with library tests

[1] https://github.com/boostorg/gil/commit/091c86d884395571cc4a2aa4c149f9f8f1848606

Best regards,