From: Gero Peterhoff (g.peterhoff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2023-03-13 02:42:49

Hello,
* problem description
In boost::math::cstdfloat AND boost::multiprecision::float128 identical functions for __float128 (quadmath) are provided.

This is unnecessary overhead. I think it would make sense to "pull out" the quadmath library as a distinct library. I did this once canonically, but it doesn't work yet because boost::math::cstdfloat/boost::multiprecision::float128 have to be adapted for this. This is a prototype where there is still a lot of work to be done. But the beginning is done.

Would it also make sense to "pull out" quaternion and octonion as distinct libraries?

thx + regards
Gero