From: David Sankel (camior_at_[hidden])
Date: 2023-07-11 19:55:37

On Tue, Jul 11, 2023 at 1:15 PM Vinnie Falco via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> In this recent reddit post, Jonathan (online nickname "foonathan") says:
>
> > AFAIK the CppAlliance decided to unilaterally write a
> > new boost website for the Boost foundation, but the Boost
> > foundation wasn't/isn't that interested in it.
> > I was told details, but I don't know whether they are official
> > Boost foundation statements or personal views of the person
> > that told me about it, so I don't want to share them.
>
> I can understand the Boost Foundation's reluctance to embrace this new
> website.

When the Boost Foundation originally saw the web project over a year ago,
it was supportive. In later discussions, some on the board conveyed
hesitance at adopting something complicated or expensive to maintain. The
general attitude is to wait and see how it goes. There's no official Boost
Foundation opinion; we haven't taken a vote or anything.

My own two cents is that we direly need a website renewal. I like the style
and looks of Vinnie's proposed site, but I'm not convinced about the forum
piece. The wonderful thing is that we'll all get to try this out and adopt
whatever works best for the community. Everyone wins.

-- David