From: Alexander Grund (alexander.grund_at_[hidden])
Date: 2023-08-02 07:11:46

Am 01.08.23 um 18:49 schrieb Marshall Clow via Boost:
> Some of these changes look pretty substantial -
> https://github.com/boostorg/mpi/commit/da602162b4b00e8e3134a991d0c836f10cfe0b9e
> for example, changes 54 files.
> Are these the kind of changes we should be making on the day before a release?
>
> On the other hand, if I just do "git diff master..develop --name-status” I see far fewer changes.
>
> So I guess I’m confused.

What matters is only
https://github.com/boostorg/mpi/compare/master...develop which has 42
files changed (likely what your command outputs).
Especially
https://github.com/boostorg/mpi/compare/master...develop#diff-efe111aae207f5dd442d9cf4f1767d16d2ce1a471193f0c1d673531484684af6
is worth adding:
Fixing an actual and potentially serious bug due to missing the element
size in the size calculation.

That commit you were referring to is titled: "Merge branch 'develop' of
https://github.com/boostorg/mpi into develop",
so this isn't an actual change but simply updating a local branch with
the remote changes which somehow made it to the final commits but is
essentially a no-op as those changes were done elsewhere.
So basically the local develop branch wasn't rebased onto the remote
branch but the remote merged, likely due to some force-pushing or so.
There are some more like that :-/

Alex