From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2023-10-02 19:44:43

On 02/10/2023 20:24, Andrzej Krzemienski wrote:

> I believe the current count is six reviews, and two sets of detailed
> notes which are most of a review each. More than enough.
>
> All recommend acceptance incidentally. My work will be to condense the
> conditions into a feasible set for Klemens to work upon.
>
> I see no current reason why it won't be an accept, just with conditions.
>

> I know that you know it, but let me still reiterate here the rules of
> the Boost Review process for the benefit of all the people reading this
> list.
> The review manager makes the decision whether to accept or reject the
> library based on their discretion. The recommendations from the
> reviewers are only means to help guide this decision. No democracy or
> averaging of the reviews is at play.

Very true. However, as I've often said in the past, the review feedback
is in my opinion much more valuable than getting a library in or not.
High quality feedback on software design is rare and valuable in any
context, Boost remains a uniquely high quality source of such feedback.

Speaking more widely, I've now had one REJECT review, and a few more
expressing negativity about the design and naming. This will make it
interesting trying to write a useful summary.

I hope to get the review summary written and posted for the end of this
week. Non-work life is busy, I built half a solar panel array last
weekend (and my muscles remain very sore from it), and non-work time
this week is mostly going into visiting glazing showrooms. I'll see if I
can find a few hours to collate the reviews.

Niall