From: Daniela Engert (dani_at_[hidden])
Date: 2023-10-04 06:08:28

Am 04.10.2023 um 02:11 schrieb Vinnie Falco via Boost:
> On Tue, Oct 3, 2023 at 4:29 PM Andrey Semashev via Boost <
> boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> I'm considering raising minimum target Windows version for my libraries
>> to at least Windows 7
>>
> Go higher. Windows 7 has 3.34% market share left. And its not like those
> users will be left out, they can stay on 1.83.0.

Seconded.

Last time we delivered a WinXP app to our industrial customers was 15
years ago. Since then they *all* migrated to Win7 which is our targeted
version for at least 10 years. These days, *none* of our customers is on
Win7 anymore, Win10 is their minimum requirement, even asking for Win11
support.

Dani